I spent most of the weekend on this drawing and have completed the first foal in the set of 3. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I used Canson Mi Teines paper for this piece which I had not used before and I really liked it. Like the range of colours they provide and it seemed to work well for this particular piece, so hopefully the next two drawings will come out just as nicely.
So here is the first foal completed and I will hopefully have an update on the second foal very soon!
So this week I have started a new original drawing, which will consist of 3 drawings altogether. After spending some time checking out possible reference photos, I have been quite inspired by foals and so this is the subject of my new drawing! I feel that it will be a nice piece to have complete before the spring arrives! I have so far completed the outline drawings for all 3 sections and have sized them up ready to lay down onto the final quality paper before the colour goes on. I am really looking forward to getting started with the colour on these 3. So here are the outlines at the first stage. I will post updates as I work through each stage!
I have now completed the portrait of Stevie which I am very happy with and I have had some lovely comments from a very happy client which I am very glad about. Always love to hear that my clients are happy with their portraits, that's a lot of the reason I enjoy drawing them so much! Thoroughly enjoyed this portrait, lovely to have another horse to draw. So here he is, the final photo of Stevie!
On a slightly different note, I am currently looking at getting some quality prints taken from the 'Wild Hare' drawing which appears to be quite popular. Will hopefully have an update on that soon and will then be making the prints available for sale. I will post an update on this as soon as I have more news. I have commissions coming up and I am also working on a few more original pieces so hopefully I will have lots more to share with you all very soon!