Tuesday 14 June 2011

Golden Retriever Pup Finished

So after quite a bit of time off from this drawing to do college and various things, i have finally managed to finish it and i am very happy with how it turned out. I am fairly sure i want to frame this one, as i think that will make it more of a feature. I haven't decided on a name for it yet, but i am glad to have it done so i can display the finished image.


Golden Retriever
Graphite on Fabriano
Watercolour Paper

Unfortunately i have been unable to get a good scan of this picture and so i have had to upload a picture from my phone so the original is slightly brighter, but for now it's as close as i can get. I am hopefully going to get all my pieces scanned properly which will help them look more true to life. Our scanner at work is a bit tricky to use and i'm never sure if i'm using it correctly.

Now with this one done, my next aim is to move onto a bit of dabbling with my oil paints which i am desperate to try. Having never used them before it should pose quite a challenge and i am currently working on trying to find the right reference photo to use, about which i am very picky! I am hoping that with a bit of time before i start back at college i can have a proper go and get something going and possibly even finished! Very exciting stuff. I am hoping to find my picture and get started tonight, but i am not sure if i will have anything to post just yet. Will hopefully be able to update later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment