Tuesday 3 May 2011

Update on the Golden Retriever

Though i have had some time off work recently with the long bank holiday weekend, unfortunately i didn't get too much chance to do a lot of drawing which i would have like to do. I was studying all of Friday and Saturday for my practical exam on Saturday afternoon, which i was dreading. I am happy to say i've had confirmation today that i have passed but will not know my mark for a while yet. I am thrilled i passed though, as it was a slightly hairy situation for me to say the least! So with that over, i did the scoring with mum at the Hunter Trial at our yard on Sunday which was fun and also took Glider round the intermediate which he went round nicely but very spookily and they gave me a stop at the water as he was extremely hesitant and only clambered in over the log after many second of stepping from side to side. I was pleased he didn't turn away and went in, but i am now on a new mission to improve his confidence and get myself riding him a little more proactively. With another event on Friday, i don't have much time, but a friend is going to help me tomorrow evening and hopefully we can make a bit of progress before our event.

So with all that going on this weekend, i finally managed to settle down to some drawing yesterday. I am really enjoying doing this piece though it is somewhat slow going, i think mainly because i want to it be so perfect, so i am spending a lot of time on the shading and hair. Unfortunately the pictures never really show off the full detail as they are taken on my phone but i intend to try and get myself sorted out with a semi decent camera or scanner at some point.

Work in Progress
Golden Retriever in Graphite

I have also been experimenting a little bit recently with my dad's camera and he is giving me a bit of help to start with some photography to help me get my own reference material for more drawings. I think it will be a long process of experimenting, but i am quite willing to try and learn so that i can get some decent material.

I am planning to do more drawing this week when i can around preparing for Friday, then have a whole weekend off again so i'm sure i will be able to get lots more done then and hopefully get this piece finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment